Since the first century Arugula has been use as aphrodisiac. This is also known by other names such as salad rocket, garden rocket, roquette, rucola, rugula or colewort. You must know the benefits of Arugula. So here we go.
1. Contains Cancer Fighting ability: Arugula contains high fiber and antioxidants which helps to reduce the risk of developing lung, prostate, breast and pancreatic cancer. You can consume Arugula with broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.
2. Detoxifies the Body: Arugula contains Photochemical, antioxidants and essential minerals which help cleanse out toxins in the body. Many doctors and dietitians also prescribe for Arugula.
3. Protect brain from cognitive decline: This is high in most B vitamins but contains especially high amounts of folate. In high functioning older adults, low levels of folate have been shown to be risk factor for cognitive decline.
4. Good for Bone Health: Arugula contains vitamin K which is helpful for the absorption of calcium into the bone and teeth. A great thing of arugula is it also contains eight times more calcium than iceberg lettuce.
5. Rich in Chlorophyll: Arugula helps to prevent liver and DNA damage from antitoxins. It is best to eat it raw.